|Event Description||This is a Friday evening to Sunday afternoon camping event. On Saturday, local Cub Scout Packs are invited out to join in events with our Scouts. Pioneering events are available in the Scout Handbook and online at BSA. The Troop SPL and Scoutmaster will select which pioneering events they want to practice / learn during the campout. This is a Patrol event, the Scouts will meal plan, camp, cook, and feed themselves.|
|Date and Time||21 - 23 October 2011 (Friday to Sunday)|
|Location||Camp Hugh Taylor Birch, Yellow Springs. Ohio|
$3.00 per person for camping and
About $10 for food
Activity Consent Form
Click here for Troop 71 generic Camping Equipment Checklist.
Signup sheet is posted on the bulletin board in the scout hut.
NOTES FOR this year's Pioneering Campout:
* Activity Consent Forms and patrol food money is due to the Patrol Leaders on 10/18, a verbal commitment is requested to the Patrol Leaders on 10/11.
* Patrol cooking gear will be assembled during /after the meeting on 10/18.
* Patrols are responsible for all meals except Saturday lunch which is furnished by the Troop, this is the meal the Webelos are joining us.
* Meet at the scout hut at 5:30pm on Friday 10/21 to load the trailer and leave for Camp Birch at 6pm. Return will be about 12 pm Sunday.
* Camping is at the Baden Powell site (same as for Family camp) with activities at the Cargill pavilion, next to the climbing tower.
* Webelos will be joining us from approximately 10am to 3pm on Saturday.
* Activities include: building a monkey (rope) bridge; tomahawk throwing; rope making; knot tying and lashing; and possibly some surprises depending on the Scout’s inventiveness.
* This campout will also be focused on cooking, especially by Dutch oven. The adults are challenging the Scouts to be creative and make some great dishes using Dutch ovens.
* Cost is $3/person for camping payable to the troop and probably about $10 for food payable to the patrols.
* POC for the Scouts is Fred Zouck and will coordinate Scout activities through the SPL as well as activities for the Troop and the visiting Webelos.